STARKVILLE, Miss.–An overdose of LSD, or “acid” is being blamed for the death of Mississippi State University student Thomas Parker Rodenbaught, 22. He died Sunday and police arrested two brothers, charging them with having the drug they believe Rodenbaugh took.
It was 2 a.m. Sunday when Starkville Police got the call and responded to a home on North Nash St. That’s where they found Rodenbaugh unresponsive. Several attempts were made to revive him, said a statement from Starkville PD.
Rodenbaugh appeared to medics to have had a drug overdose and was taken to Oktibbeha County Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
“Starkville Police Chief Frank Nichols said it appears Rodenbaugh overdosed on acid (LSD), but added more testing will be necessary for confirmation,” said the statement.
Rodenbaugh’s body was taken to Jackson for an autopsy.
Arrested were 21-year-old Skylar Noel O’Kelly and his brother, 19-year-old Daylin Deveaeux O’Kelly, both of Starkville. Both men were charged with possession of LSD, over 40 dosages worth.
Skylar O’Kelly was also charged with manslaughter/culpable negligence.